The Peters Township Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1937, and celebrated its 75th Anniversary of providing fire protection to our community in 2012. Founded by local citizens to support our growing community, the department has grown over its 75 years to meet the needs of our growing community and the changing demands of the fire service.
We provide 24x7x365 service to Peters Township and surrounding communities for fire protection, vehicle rescue, emergency medical first response, storm and weather emergencies and a wide variety of special emergency situations. We have grown to two fire stations, Station 1 at 245 E. McMurray and Station 2 at the Intersection of Bebout and Sugar Camp Roads. 20 volunteer and 12 career firefighters staff our combination fire department and man 9 pieces of modern emergency apparatus. We respond to over 1,000 emergencies every year, and firefighters train over 1,500 man hours annually.
We also conduct building fire safety inspections of all commercial properties, conduct regular fire drills of all school, daycare and healthcare facilities, and have trained technicians to install child auto safety seats. You can contact us for car seat installation or home/business fire inspections at 724 941 4176.