Residents are allowed to place one bulk item for collection per week for garbage pickup. This bulk item can be:
- Appliances (Non-Freon)
- Carpet/Padding (no longer than 4 feet in length and rolled/secured with twine or tape)
- Mattress/Box Spring
- Small Tables
- If Placing Out Glass Doors, Tables, or Similar Style Glass, Please Tape All Edges (Sides & Corners) and Tape an X Across Both Sides
There is no need to contact Waste Management or Peters Township for a regular bulk item pickup. Simply place your item out curbside for collection. If you have questions or if a bulk item was not picked up, contact the Peters Township Municipal Building at 724-941-4180.
Items That Will Not Be Collected Curbside
- Electronics (Electronics will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.)
- Household Hazardous Waste (Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.)
- Construction Material
- Building Material
- Tree Waste
- Gravel, Bricks, Sod, Dirt, Mulch
- Automobile Parts
- Flammable Liquids
- Propane Tanks
- Riding Lawn Mowers
- Elliptical Machines
Electronics & Household Hazardous Waste
Electronics and Household Hazardous Waste will be picked up through the Waste Management At Your Door Program at no extra charge.
Freon Containing Appliances
If you are looking to dispose of a Refrigerator, Freezer, Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier, or Water Cooler - the Freon (Refrigerant) must be removed by a Heating/Cooling Company, and an official sticker must be placed on the item. To avoid paying refrigerant removal costs, it is suggested that residents have the company delivering the new appliance dispose of the old appliance.