- Our Residents
- Emergency Services
- Ambulance Service
Peters Township Ambulance Service
300 Municipal Drive, McMurray, PA 15317
Pay Your Ambulance Bill
Citizens can pay their ambulance bill online. This is not applicable for paying a membership, only an amount owed for ambulance service from July 1, 2018 until present. Any amount owed prior to July 1, 2018 would have to be paid to our office by mail or in person.
About the Program
Peters Township Ambulance Service provides quality emergency care to several areas. These areas include Peters Township, North Strabane Township, The Borough of Finleyville and Nottingham Township. Our Ambulance Service also provides non-emergency transports on a case to case basis that meet medical necessity and are approved by the patient's insurance carrier.
Peters Township Ambulance Service operates three fully equipped ambulances that have been licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health. We have approximately 30 paid and volunteer members of the ambulance service including Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians and office personnel. Emergency services are provided by trained and licensed Paramedics and Emergency Medical Technicians.
Memberships to the Ambulance Service are available for $55 annually.
- Dial 911 for emergencies
- State your name, address, phone number and location of the victim
- Indicate the nature of the emergency (if known)
- After dark, turn on outside lights so the residence can be easily identified
- Try to stay calm, comfort the patient, help is on the way
- Ensure that your house number is clearly displayed and visible from the street
- Please have all pets secured in a bedroom or another room that the patient is not in. Even the friendliest pets could cause harm to emergency personnel in times of distress
- Do not delay summoning 911 at the first signs/symptoms of a stroke. These signs/symptoms may be confusion, facial droop, slurred speech, AND/OR weakness or paralysis to one or more extremities. The likelihood of a full recovery from a stroke is lessened with every minute, every hour
- In a transient ischemic attack (TIA) or "mini-stroke", the signs/symptoms listed above could last only seconds to minutes. Please, do not delay or refrain from getting emergency medical treatment. TIAs are usually a precursor to a more severe stroke
- Get medical treatment at the first onset of signs/symptoms of cardiac related chest pain. "Time is heart muscle." Delaying emergency treatment of a heart attack could cause debility or, in the worst case, death
Speakers Bureau can arrange for a guest speaker for your next organization, Scout or School program. Programs available include:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Heart Attack (myocardial infarction)
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Bicycle Safety
- What To Do In An Emergency
There are other programs that can be made available upon request. Please call the Ambulance Base to schedule a program at 724-941-4700.
The main source of funding for the ambulance service is through memberships (PDF) from residents in the areas of which we serve. Peters Township Ambulance Service does not receive any tax funds. Peters Township does purchase memberships for the Senior Citizen permanent residents living within Peters Township.
The cost of emergency care begins at the base rate of $850 for Basic Life Support (BLS) and $1,235 for Advanced Life Support (ALS). Members, including Senior Citizens, will be billed 50% of any deductible, co-pay or other amount their insurance carrier does not pay. Non-members are responsible for 100% of any amount not paid by their insurance carrier.
Types of Memberships
There are three types of memberships available to residents:
- Family Memberships
- Nursing Home Memberships
- Senior Citizen Memberships
Family Membership is unlimited emergency transports to a local hospital (Canonsburg, Washington or St. Clair) for a minimum donation of $60 a year. Emergency transports to a Pittsburgh hospital will be provided on a case to case basis depending upon the patient's condition at the time of transport as well as weather conditions, time of day and traffic all the while working within our policies and procedures.
Nursing Home Memberships
Nursing Home Memberships are available and provide the same services as the Family Membership. The Nursing Home Memberships are also $60 per year.
Senior Citizen Membership
Peters Township Senior Citizen Memberships are provided by Peters Township for any resident 65 years of age or older that is a permanent resident of the Township. These memberships provide all of the same services as the Family and Nursing Home Memberships. There is no minimum donation required; however, if a Senior Citizen would like to make a monetary donation, any donation will be accepted.